Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   MSN Messenger help, please!!! (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32226)

Neige 12-10-2007 11:15 PM

MSN Messenger help, please!!!

Tonight when I put on my computer and tried to log into my Windows Live Messenger, it stopped responding, so I shut down the program using ctrl+alt+del. Since then, I am not able to start the program! When I click the icon, nothing happens. I have rebooted my laptop and it didn't help. I uninstalled the program, downloaded it again and reinstalled it, and nothing.

What's wrong??? How can I get it working again?

Lilith 12-11-2007 05:24 AM

No clue. I never use messenger any more. PM FussyPucker.

Neige 12-11-2007 08:29 AM

Well I have no clue what was wrong, but this morning it's fine again and working normally. How odd!!!

mayhem1978 12-11-2007 10:46 AM

sometimes a re-start is too quick for some programs to fully be erased. Next time try shutting the PC down totally, waiting for a couple of mins then power back on.

If you still have problems drop me a PM

scotzoidman 12-11-2007 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neige
Well I have no clue what was wrong, but this morning it's fine again and working normally. How odd!!!

Just be thankful. I can testify that not all computer glitches have such a happy ending.

It's entirely possible that the problem may have been at their server, & not with your puter at all.

Neige 12-11-2007 08:12 PM

Bad news... it's fucking up again. It worked this morning after my computer had just been on stand by all night, but then I rebooted my computer and the program didn't open when I started Windows (like I have it set to do) and I can't get it to start. Again, clicking on the icon seems to do nothing. I tried shutting down for more than a few seconds (I actually had it off for a few hours tonight) but it doesn't help.

campingboy 12-12-2007 12:20 AM

I'm not having any issues with it.

Neige 12-12-2007 08:19 AM

No, I think the problem is with my computer. Just have no clue what's wrong! :(

Again this morning, after being on stand-by all night, MSN is open and working when I put my puter back on. :hair:

scotzoidman 12-12-2007 01:18 PM

Could be that your computer needs a good professional cleaning & flossing between bytes...

osuche 12-12-2007 01:38 PM

Try removing messenger and re-loading it

Aqua 12-12-2007 01:45 PM

Check your computer's date and make sure it's correct.

Neige 12-13-2007 04:18 PM

Scotz, I suspect you're right. The date is ok... And osuche, that's the first thing I did.

It's still not working when I boot up my computer, but I've realized that after it's been on standby, it works perfectly well. So I've been starting my puter, putting it on standby, and then waking it back up immediately, and it does the trick... Odd, though...

scotzoidman 12-14-2007 12:52 AM

I hate computers. I hate computers. I hate computers.

I suggested that mostly because I'm beginning to suspect my puter is in need of some professional help as well. Been having a lot of fatal errors shutting down programs lately, & XP's oh-so-helpful automatic reporting of them is really doing a lot of good....NOT! This morning when I got up, it was trying to re-install something for my printer, asking for the installation disk, etc., etc....spent the next 3 hours fighting the damn thing over un-installing & re-installing the whole printer, which I cannot possibly do business without...

Did I mention I hate computers? Just in case, let me say it again...

I hate computers.

Oldfart 12-14-2007 07:57 AM

Did you say something, Scotz?

scotzoidman 12-14-2007 09:54 PM

Nothing...just clearing my throat...