Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sex News (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Honey, will you marry... Oh. Never mind... (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32660)

Lilith 03-16-2008 07:03 PM

Honey, will you marry... Oh. Never mind...

(gg)

LONDON (Reuters) - It is the one moment every manwants to get right -- and which London floor-fitterLefkos Hajji could hardly have got more wrong. The luckless 28 year-old's dreams of giving hissweetheart, Leanne, 26, the ultimate proposal haveliterally vanished into thin air. Hajji, of Hackney, east London, had concealed a$12,000 engagement ring inside a helium balloon. Theidea was that she would pop the balloon as he poppedthe question. But as he left the shop, a gust of wind pulled theballoon from his hand and he watched the ring -- andquite possibly the affections of his girlfriend --sailing away over the rooftops. "I couldn't believe it," he told The Sun newspaper. "I just watched as it went further and further intothe air. "I felt like such a plonker. It cost a fortune and Iknew my girlfriend would kill me." Hajji spent two hours in his car trying to chase andfind the balloon, without success. "I thought I would give Leanne a pin so I couldliterally pop the question," he said. "But I had to tell her the story -- she wentabsolutely mad. Now she is refusing to speak to meuntil I get her a new ring." He is hoping the ring will still turn up. "It would be amazing if someone found it," he added. (Reporting by Peter Apps. Editing by Steve Addison)

professor3699 03-17-2008 02:01 PM

Quite creative, romantic gesture if it had gone as planned. Unfortunately, it didn't and he is out a sizable sum of cash. Fortunately, though, he found out her true colors before she responded to a ring - instead of his heartfelt proposal. At this point, he's only out 12K and not a lifetime of money-grabbing from an unromantic partner.

Booger 03-17-2008 02:47 PM

He should take this as a sign that this was not meant to be. if not a sign from the fates that this wasn't meant to be. At least a sign that she's not the one when he told her the story of what happened and instead of being sympathetic to what happen got mad and demanded a new ring.

Oldfart 03-17-2008 04:10 PM

Forget the ring, where's the barge pole?

Scarecrow 03-17-2008 07:19 PM

He should have tied the string to some thing important.

wyndhy 03-17-2008 09:31 PM

^^ he did, his heart - and she shit all over it. but it soulds like he expected her to so i see another ring in his future. good luck, hajji - you're gonna need it.

scotzoidman 03-18-2008 10:15 AM

I'm with ^^^her...

Love is blind, & marriage is an institution, & dude seems determined to live in an institution for the blind ;)

WildIrish 03-25-2008 07:43 PM

Not marrying her would be worth every penny of that $12,000 lesson.