Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Sex Talk (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   True Blood-HBO-Vampires (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33354)

jennaflower 09-06-2008 08:07 PM

True Blood-HBO-Vampires

Vampires (in both literature & movies), have not only been depicted as monsters, but also as some of the most erotic characters with sensuality.

Tomorrow, HBO is launching a new series named "True Blood". When I first heard of the show I wasn't planning on watching. However, today I have been watching several behind the sceens shows intertwined with the historical depiction. After watching them I have set my DVR to record the season.

Are any of you planning on watching it? I think it might turn into a hot sexy series. If HBO's series history is any indication, it is certain to push the limits.

Lord Snow 09-06-2008 10:41 PM

Now that something finally interesting comes out on hbo I don't have cable. Oh well, the company I work for will end up shipping it when it hits dvd.

Prophet Reality 09-06-2008 10:58 PM

I would love to watch the series. Heard about it during Comic Con stuff. Looks to be interesting, but alas I do not have HBO and not likely to get it just for a series that I am not certain of. When it comes to Vampires I am rather particular. I will wait for the first episode to make it onto surfthechannel.com and see what it is like then.

dick 09-08-2008 10:33 AM

I just dropped my HBO. Used to luv "Sex and the City" and "Sopranos", but have not seen anything i like on there since they stopped running. Let us know how the new series is after you watch it.

jennaflower 09-08-2008 06:58 PM

I just finished watching it! Really liked it, Bill (the main vampire) actually has this "elvis" brooding kinda vibe which I found interesting (I know, seems crazy). I think that the series actually has good potential.

Did anyone else watch it?

Oh, btw Vampires like hot sex!

Lost 09-08-2008 08:07 PM

If they do the books they are based on any justice, it will be a great and also humorous show. I have read every one that "paranormal romance" book series by Charlaine Harris that the show is based on and love them.

Unfortunatly I dont get HBO and will have to wait for it to come out on on DVD or have a friend record it for me

Lord Snow 09-08-2008 09:07 PM

Lost, the warehouse that I work for ships hbo shows. When it hits dvd we'll get it long before they tell the public the release date. I'll let you know when to start looking for it.

Oldfart 09-09-2008 04:55 AM

Fangs LS.

1nutworld 09-09-2008 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaflower

Oh, btw Vampires like hot sex!

I like hot sex, does that make me a vampire?

Details Jenna, details!

Rhiannon 09-09-2008 08:05 AM

tru blood was awesome. i have read the entire series.. sookie is awesome

sodaklostsoul 09-09-2008 11:53 AM

No HBO :(

Wicked Wanda 09-11-2008 04:06 PM

Vampire stuff

I remember from Fresh. Lit. that the "eroticism" of Bram Stoker's vampire was allowed in a "monster", but not in a person. Mina was "allowed" to feel lust for Dracula because he was an evil creature, the undead, and had power over her mind. Mina would NEVER feel lust towards Jonathan, as proper a Victorian Woman, didn't have lustful thoughts for anyone.

Silly...
:doorpeek:

WW