Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   Advice (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Pick-Ups i.e. at a bar (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33716)

Tigerlily78 11-30-2008 07:09 PM

Pick-Ups i.e. at a bar

OK, I need some male opinions...what can a girl do to encourage some male attention? I think I'm doing everything I'm supposed to do...how overt do the signals have to be?

Salacious 11-30-2008 07:13 PM

You walk up to the guy and say, "Nice shoes, want to fuck?" The shoe comment may confuse him, but hopefully he'll get the rest. :)

Tigerlily78 11-30-2008 07:19 PM

OK...other than nice shoes...wanna fuck? Why do guys not understand the undressing them with your eyes and come hither smiles?

smithy020 11-30-2008 09:08 PM

We do understand the undressing with the eyes things and come hither smiles.

But personally, I just don't ever seem to pick up on them, I pretty much need the nice shoes wanna fuck line before i know someones interested in me!

Tigerlily78 11-30-2008 09:13 PM

Any other suggestions?

Salacious 11-30-2008 09:17 PM

I think it comes down to, you have to be a wee bit forward... okay maybe you don't have to say, "nice shoes, wanna fuck," but men want clear signals. They get shot down all the time and eventually get gun shy. They don't want to misread a lasses signals and suffer embarrassment of such, so they overlook it thinking it's the guy behind them.

So maybe you ask him to dance, or say, "if I buy you a drink will you have a conversation with me." Something to show you have interest in him. Smile and touch him. Be clear. But maybe not quite blatant.

Tigerlily78 11-30-2008 09:35 PM

I'll give it a shot...at least I figured out how to ease into the kiss... my friend and I actually did end up chatting up two guys, and when it was time to leave I suggested loudly to her that we should give them a kiss on the cheek...needless to say their heads turned at the last minute :P

PantyFanatic 11-30-2008 10:30 PM

:roflmao:

Lord Snow 11-30-2008 11:22 PM

I found out several months after I moved away from South Carolina that several girls I was friends with had an interest in me and I never picked up on it. I don't know if it's we get gun shy, if we're dense, or what. Most of the time one of the rules that have been passed around in e-mails labeled Man's Rules is true: subtle hints don't work, obvious hints don't work, if you don't come out and say exactly what you mean, we have no clue.

PantyFanatic 11-30-2008 11:35 PM

:banghead:

citrus 11-30-2008 11:53 PM

HI TigerL,
ok, try making sure the light is behind you rather than in front or too near either side. Your eyes will open wider, the iris will be larger (for more light) but larger iris seems to indicate greater interest and/or openness. Also, face straight on, don't see the man or object of your affection via the glancing view front the side of your eye. <roll, pitch, yaw> If your head is level, not tilting forwardly down and not lifted upwardly forcing a look up your nostrils, but pointing exactly in the same direction as your eyes, the person seeing your eyes, while looking into your eyes is allowed perfect symmetry in gaze, a most open, vulnerable and nonthreatening posture, as long as the smiles and ambiance are relatively positive in nurture. This is especially sure when the entire body is front facing aligned with head and eyes, all straight forward. A smile or at least a bit of a smirk or grin is important, it invites an engaging response to whatever stimuli is given, and is usually infectious.
pitch= the equiv. to nodding yes up and down;
yaw= the equiv to turning on a swivel left/right as in indicating "NO."
roll= the equivalent of tipping top of your head from ear on shoulder to other ear on other shoulder.

You can kiss me if you waaant to!
I might even get a boner if you think I could!

Oldfart 12-01-2008 03:05 AM

Stand next to him at the bar and say to him "make mine Scotch and dry" or whatever your poison is.

It's as close as you go without asking him for a fuck outright.

The alternative of course is the eternal ,"Can I come over and study your bedroom ceiling?"

Tigerlily78 12-01-2008 10:48 AM

Thanks, guys :) I'll try to bear all of this in mind...sadly I am not as bold in person as I can be on line...so next time I'll try to be braver...I can't possibly wear a lower cut shirt than I wore on Saturday (unless I want to risk an indecent exposure charge), but I'll try to come up with something. Out of curiosity...do you not realize that if a girl in a low cut shirt walks by you and brushes her boobs against you, that is a signal as well? :P

Lord Snow 12-01-2008 12:58 PM

It can be explained by a crowded a bar room, or you being a little soused, or any other of a dozen ways to keep us from having a confrontation of any kind. Goes with the "I tripped and accidentally touched your tit" excuse. It was done on purpose, but is explained away.

Tigerlily78 12-01-2008 04:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, I did unzip my jacket outside (while it was damn cold) to show a guy my shirt...it seemed to have the desired effect.