Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Health state of the lizard (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35191)

gekkogecko 09-29-2010 11:49 AM

Health state of the lizard

So, yeah, my chronic asthma seems to me acting up a lot lately. And the past few weeks, the shoulder pain has been coming back. That is starting to interfere with my sex life, certainly been interfering with my sleep, my typing, and the wildlife rehabilitation. Not fun. Last time I talked to the ortho-dude about this, he said if it recurred again, I'd have to go in for an MRI. Means, I'm going to have to go set up an appointment with him, so he can authorize it, I have to yak with the insurance company about it, see if I need to change meds: the anti-inflammatories have usually done little, if anything to knock out the pain. I'd rather not do the heavy narcotics if I can avoid them. The previous two episodes of this crap have used up all the physical therapy sessions my insruance company will allow me for the year. I think I"m rambling. Am I rambling?

Oldfart 09-29-2010 02:50 PM

Rambling?

Only in a roundabout way.

Not much else to say, except that I hope you feel better soon.

PantyFanatic 09-29-2010 04:27 PM

Rambling!

Venting:rant: is the primary treatment for all ailments our current medical system porivdes. It's a good thing. :nod:

I hope that is resolved quick and cheaply. Who else do we have to handle the wiggely critters around here? :shrug:

No Lilith. I wasn't refering to your battery-buddy. :doorpeek:

dicksbro 09-29-2010 07:02 PM

GG, you just take care of yourself. My wife and I will keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Just hoping they get it all taken care of to free you of the pain.

Lord Snow 09-29-2010 08:20 PM

You could always take my approach and revel in the pain. Live with and love the pain. Means you're still alive.

Noah 09-29-2010 08:46 PM

I sympathise. Being in contant pain in both physically/mentally draining and effects your quality of life.

Hoping they can sort you out.

shadowsfate 09-29-2010 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gekkogecko
Am I rambling?

Probably no more than I do when I talk about my health :roflmao:

Quote:
the anti-inflammatories have usually done little, if anything to knock out the pain. I'd rather not do the heavy narcotics if I can avoid them.

Based on my experience (which is admitted limited to more or less back issues), anti-inflammitories do little to kill the pain, though they have sometimes worked to end the problem. And heavy narcotics have (of the several that I've been prescribed) either 1) Done absolutely nothing or 2) Not killed the pain, just made it so I didn't care that I hurt but also made it hard to do anything else (and I found out that you never ever want to take a pain pill that makes you not care just before a college class. Nothing gets done except the instructor laughing at you for the entire time :rofl:)

I hope your shoulder problem can be taken care of without having to resort to heavy pain-killers or surgery. Take care and take it easy

gekkogecko 09-30-2010 09:58 AM

Ortho-dude appointment tomorrow.

dm383 09-30-2010 03:49 PM

Quote:
Ortho-dude appointment tomorrow.

Here's hoping all goes well with that G-G.

dicksbro 10-01-2010 03:01 AM

Yep. Danger Mouse expressed the wishes of us all.

gekkogecko 10-01-2010 10:18 AM

..but not yet, and I'm seriously impatient to have the appointment over & done with.

gekkogecko 10-02-2010 10:58 AM

MRI prescribed, and it was a brueaucratic nightmareto get the insurance company to sign off about it. Eventually got that done. No hydrocortisone this time. The good news is that my #PT sessions allowed/year is actually 30, whereas I've use less this year than I thought I had: 17. So, *probably* more PT, but everything has been put on hold until we see what the MRI shows. Driving back and forth to the ortho-dude's office *hurt*.

gekkogecko 10-11-2010 12:46 PM

Still no MRI actually scheduled. Further treatment still on hold until the ortho-dude can look at one and figure out what's going on.

gekkogecko 10-16-2010 11:58 AM

MRI results

Well, I do still have cervical vertebrae. The procedure was otherwise painful, since I had to hold my arm in a painful position for the duration. Apparently, I dozed off right at the end, since I started a bit when the radiologist yanked the tray to extract me from the tube. Next step is a follow-up visit with the report to the ortho-dude.

Oldfart 10-16-2010 07:19 PM

At least the ball's rolling.

How long till you see the ortho-dude?