View Single Post
Old 09-21-2005, 07:38 PM
1 of 8,111,103,258

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit
A more balanced view of this, from a Time Magazine investigation.

http://www.time.com/time/archive/pr...1103560,00.html

Thank you for the balance, Rabbit. I very much welcome perspectives from many points, and I do attempt to separate my disagreement by the issue instead of the people involved. I also do NOT confuse ‘government’ with only being Federal or a party. As you may have noticed, I am an Equal Opportunity Annoyer, regarding the willing surrender of authority to ANY ENTITY that may accept it as surrendering our will.

I have highlighted what your reference has so elegantly summarized as my views.
Quote:
…Should blame be portioned out according to power--or proximity? And what about the legions of elected officials and bureaucrats stacked in between, the ones who are supposed to form a human chain from city hall to the Oval Office?…
….. As TIME's investigation shows, at every level of government, there was uncertainty about who was in charge at crucial moments. Leaders were afraid to actually lead, reluctant to cost businesses money, break jurisdictional rules or spawn lawsuits. …..

The situation relating to Katrina have genuinely given us the indisputable look at the naked skeleton of an entire system and the MANY infections it has from the toenails to the top of the head. I view this in a light that the past few generation have come to accept as being tolerable and unchangeable. I truly believe this rare occasion is going to be short and the singular opportunity to remove the many extra assholes from patient.

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world