View Single Post
Old 10-11-2005, 10:12 AM
1 of 8,111,103,258

Quote:
I just read all that back, and it seems to ramble a bit..... but WTF, huh?

DM

That's exactly why I started this thread. Our ramblings are not something that anybody but another smoker would understand. I’m not going to say who, …but I've already gotten a note from somebody that doesn't understand why, and thinks it’s frogshit, that I want to “segregate Pixies”.
It’s not about debating any of the points that we already know TOO well. I have as much insight into having a baby as a non-smoker has about an addiction. I know that I can only listen to what it is to give birth and will never KNOW what that is about. I’m only hoping to find out how alone I may be in the world that the non-smokers have made plain we don’t have a place in.

My hat is off to anybody that is wanting to get the pack out of their life and my experience with the addiction is all I have to offer here. The closest thing I’ve been able to put into words that another person could equate to the craving is one of an underwater swimmer. Anybody that has done any skin diving or even just swam underwater often, knows the feeling of running out of air. Nobody thinks they can suddenly breath water, but after you have completely used all the oxygen in your system and are going for the surface, your body says “BREATH IN!”. You get that last few seconds while you are exhaling the exhausted breath because your body says that’s part of the process. Then you have the DEMAND to ‘breath in’ in spite of any intelligence you have about the fact water is not what you need or want. People do not drown and have their lungs full of water because they are weak or believe that can breath the water. I found it much the same for me when my nicotine alarm goes off. That’s about all I can share right now, as to what the addiction has been for me.

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world