View Single Post
Old 01-23-2006, 02:37 PM
is not this trim anymore!

What is this "happy" word that you speak of?

Actually, I'm a happy guy. I find joy in the little things and I don't sweat things that are out of my control. (Prime example: I'm refinancing my house and we still don't have a closing date. Mrs. WI is ready to kill someone and I'm all "it'll happen when they're ready".) This is often misinterpreted as not caring, but is really a highly developed "let it roll" technique I've perfected over the years.

I'm happy when I've prepared a good meal that everyone eats, even though a burp or fart at the table precipitates 15 minutes of mouth generated replications, giggles and raucus behaviour.

I'm happy when I'm driving somewhere on a sunny day. I'm happy when I get to work safely in a snow storm. And I'm happy when I arrive home at night.

I love my family, and though they make me insane all day every day...I'm happy when I'm with them. I plan on naming my first stroke after my wife, but I'm still happy when we spend time alone together.

Talking to Lilith makes me happy. She's a great person and my voice smiles when we speak to each other.

Doing my job well makes me happy. Going to build with Habitat makes me happy. Cooking makes me happy. Knowing my house is reasonably clean makes me happy. I don't look for the silver cloud in ever situation so much as I simply don't focus on the bad aspect of something. I don't think I'm that much different than most other people. Maybe I am.

I do get a feeling of comfort when I know I've made someone else happy. I never enjoy someone's pain, even when that someone may not share the same sentiment. I don't start out the day saying to myself "I'm gonna make other people happy today" but by being who I am, and taking the actions I do...well, it happens. Perhaps that helps. It's not a checkbox on my list of things to do as much as it is a lifestyle choice.

Tough topic to tackle! I look forward to peeking into everyone's minds for this one.