View Single Post
Old 06-23-2006, 07:49 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Lou,
I was told the Kegels were helpful before but really more important afterwards to help the uterine walls (ha ha mine are gone!) and bladder resume their rightful positions. I read a great hippy birthing book before baby #2 and it described that as the contractions come you think of yourself as opening not 'contracting' and so after the contractions begins to ease you focus on breathing anf picture yourself opening up as you relax. The book said that keeping the perineum rubbed with oil during the process can help if opposing pressure is placed on it during the birth. That being said I can tell you from experience that cutting heals faster than tearing.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas