Thread: Are you ready?
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2006, 04:51 AM
Everybody Stretch!

Waaaaaaaaaaaaa! I miss summer! It really got away from me this year. I guess there's always next season, eh?

We replaced all but 5 windows in our house with the double-paned, argon filled, tilt-in jobbies. We left the front windows (3 upstairs and 2 down) because they'll need to be custom made (arched at the top) to keep with the integrity of this old house. I can already feel the difference when the nights get chilly. I haven't put on the heater yet and I used to use it every night about this time of year, to warm up the 2 ft. thick brick and stucco walls with plaster inside. We'll cover the front windows with the winterizing plastic shrinky stuff soon.

Covered the pool and then noticed the equalizer pillow deflated...so we have to retrieve that and replace it. Didn't even get to use the pool much *sniffle*

Gotta cut back some garden stuff, transplant other stuff, and bring in my canna and calla lilly bulbs to winter inside (so the mice can eat um...lol!).

We're replacing the outhouse roof (which blew off during a storm) and sealing the smokehouse roof (it's all concrete) this weekend.

I've seen many more of my spider friends lately...which folk around here say is a good indication of a rough winter. Millions of pine cones on the 3 trees aside of my house too. That's not good! Arrrrrggggggggggggg!

We're still mowing, so I can't wait till the grass goes dormant. That's one of the few things I like about fall/winter.

~Thomas Dewar~