View Single Post
Old 10-16-2006, 02:32 AM
Mrs FussyPucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotzoidman
The emphasis seems to be on immunizing the very young women, since it's not of any help to those who've already been exposed...

On a very discouraging but not unexpected note, the Bluenoses have spoken out against the vaccine, saying that it will "encourage young girls to have unprotected sex"...

...news flash, , it's the human sex drive that makes young people want to have sex...we owe it to our children to do whatever's needed to teach them to be smart about it...

I don't know about elsewhere in the world, but in the UK the fact that having sex at a young age and with numerous partners can increase your exposure to HPV, therefore increasing your risk of developing cervical cancer was never made clear.

I received an above average quality of sex education and it was never even touched upon - perhaps if it had been there would be fewer underage girls having sex and living a promiscuous lifestyle.

A friend of mine was found to have 'abnormal cells' when she was 18 and was told by a very unfeeling doctor 'It's because you had sex so young and with so many different people that you've got this' which made her cry as she had no idea that she was putting herself at risk at the time.

If kids are not being taught the dangers of HPV in the first place, then how can a vaccination against it make them more likely to have underage sex?

M Y - N A U G H T Y - P I C T U R E S ! !