Thread: Nursing and sex
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2006, 08:07 AM
Leo was right

Over the course of my life, I have spent too many nights in the hospital to even begin to come up with some sort of accurate tally. Having that sort of history, I guess it's only to be expected that I've been teased at least a few times with a lines like, "So, were the nurses hot?" or "Did she give you a sponge bath?" Of course occasionally I'll play along and make a lewd comment just to sort of save face with the guys or something. Not something I'm proud of but it's something I'll occasionally do and I'll own up to it.

That being said, there is not a single time when a nurse is leaving my room and asks me if there is anything else that they can do for me that I don't tell them that I appreciate the help they are giving me. I don't care if they have done something as simple as bringing me a cup of ice chips or if it's a phlebotomist that has just come in and drawn blood for a blood/gas test, which is very painful, I always tell them that I appreciate their help. I tell them that because I honestly do appreciate them.

If I were to be totally honest, I have never had a "nurse fantasy" in the sense that most would think of it. When I see a nurse performing their duty I can think of nothing but showing them the respect that they deserved. They are the ones who make the hospital experience bearable. Unfortunately, with the hand I've been dealt in life, I will have two or three hospital stays per year. I'm not intimidated at all by hospitals, I'm actually very much at ease in them, that doesn't mean that I don't get scared while I'm there. The nurses are the ones who ease those feelings of fear for me, whether they are doing it intentionally or not.

Not sure what the point is that I'm trying to make really. I guess I was just throwing my two cents into the conversation to let it be known that I have nothing but respect for the nursing profession. Matter of fact I'll be in the hospital again tomorrow and just knowing that there will be nurses there makes me feel better about what I'll be going through.

No love, no friendship, can cross the path of our destiny without leaving some mark on it forever. ~~ Francois Mocuriac

Confucius say, "He who masturbate into cash register come into money."

An optimist looks at the glass and says it's half full. A pessimist looks at the glass and says it's half empty. A Cubs fan looks at the glass and says, "When's it gonna spill?"

Deus Impetitio Esuritori Nullus