View Single Post
Old 01-16-2007, 07:50 PM
Suprise Me

What lesson is taken away from this?

I am struggling with this dear Pixies, and I find myself turning to you all to express what I am feeling but cannot really express to anyone other than Cobalt.

I received a phone call this morning as I was getting ready for work from a friend/co-worker this morning about another friend/co-worker.

She and I had been worried about this friend for a while - she had been appearing tired and run down the past couple of weeks and was experiencing what we thought was either the flu or hopefully not the return of her cancer she went thru and beat a little over a year ago. We both had been encouraging her to go to the doctor and she didn't (no insurance). Finally, she did go and her potassium levels were really low and she was extreemly dehydrated. The local hospital kept her overnight and rehydrated her and then sent her home the next day. She stayed home for a couple of days and then last night around 11:00 p.m., drove her 3 daughters to her friend/babysitter and dropped them off and then drove herself to the local hospital.

At 11:30 p.m., she experienced her first cardiac arrest. The local hospital called for the life flight helecopter, but it wasn't available so they put her in an ambulance and drove her to the major hospital that was 50 minutes away (if going 70 mph). On the way, shortly after leaving the local hospital a little after midnight, she expereinced her second cardiac arrest. They brought her back. About 15 minutes away from the major hospital, she experienced major cardiac arrest and they couldn't bring her back.

She was 34 years old.
She has 3 daughters - 1st grade, 4th grade and 9th grade.
Her husband wasn't at her side, but on his way to her (he is an over the road truck driver)

I can't seem to wrap my mind around this.