Thread: female stuff
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2007, 08:52 AM
pixie of the wood

Send a message via Yahoo to wyndhy
female stuff

so to round things out a bit with this pregnancy, when the bleeding and cramping started, i went in for an early ultrasound to check how the little one, placenta and womb are all doing 9i had no idea they could find the heartbeat so early!) and the tech found this cyst inside one of my ovaries. it's a dermoid cyst. if you've never heard of it, it's one bizarre thing; since it's spawned from genetic material, it has all kinds of interesting things in it. nature sure is freaky. anyway. anyone ever had one? or know someone who did? and can you tell me what happened?

if it bursts, i'll need surgery, preggers or not. the chances are pretty slim that it will burst, but i'm curious and wanting more info than the doc or webmd can offer. i doubt it'll hurt more than a c-sec but forewarned is forearmed.

if it doesn't burst, they'll remove it when i have my c-sec. the doc was reluctant to do that at first, 'cause it will damage the ovary, but when i reminded her we're done with kids and she's gonna tie the old tubes for us, she agreed. (well, we were done before but, hey...whoops. the irony is we didn't actually do anything we shouldn't have after that last time but love isn't finite and well, ya get what ya get, right?) so...anyone have their tubes tied? or know someone who has?

The forest would be very quiet if no other birds sang than those who sing the best * Henry van Dyke

some fairly sordid tales, rambles, and anecdotes
Hypothetically Speaking * Something More * Cammy Interrupted * An Experimental Vacation * Masked * so..damn..hot * Thank You * My toy, his idea * no.19 Maple Lane * I Have A Surprise For You * Yesterday * In a Quiet Kitchen * help me decide * untitled prose * more untitled prose