View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007, 07:12 AM
Gone with the Wind

Hon, I am so sorry to hear you're having a bad mirgraine, and even more unhappy that my Nursing knowledge is woefully lacking here (I specialize in Women's Health, sex, BC, etc.)
By the way, the Fiorcet interacts with the estrogen in your Pill. One thing Fiorcet does is constrict blood vessels, and PART of the interaction is the fear of blood clots. Have you talked to your GYN about alternate meds, like progestin only types? Some implants are progestin only, and the method I use, injectable, is available as progestin only too.

My best advice would be, (if you don't already go to one) is try one of the speciality clinics in Houston, especially the Uni associated Migraine Clinics.
They are always testing new medications, maybe there is one that will be more effective for you.

I have to ask an important thing. It doesn't surprise me that you have migraines after having so many head injuries, but my question is;
Why have you had so many car accidents?
That sugests there is a problem with your vision, reflexes, reaction time, perception, etc., which suggests that there is another problem too.

From all of the tests you have had, have they answered this question?

Or do you just drive like me? People in NO ever could figure out why I preferred to take a cab or the streetcar everywhere. Until I drove them somewhere. Not many people whould drive in city traffic with me more than once... (sigh).
(So I get distracted easily. Even while driving. *SHRUG*)

Get Well soon, hon.

(((((Shadozfire))))))

WW

---Margaret Cho