View Single Post
Old 09-12-2007, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph
I'm still waiting for you to respond to my post to you, sir.

Steph,

I believe that your post quoted below is the one to which you refer.
Quote:
I'm still waiting for links that would disprove Cheney has financially benefited from this war. You can talk in circles but I would like to hold you to this point. You attack my POV but won't show me any evidence to the contrary and your tone leaves a lot to be desired.

If that is true, then my response to you is that you are mistaken.

You made a claim of the form “such-and-such is true”. The particular claim was:

Quote:
... Cheney is making SO much money in Iraq ...

I asked if you had any evidence to support your claim. You will notice that there is no circularity involved. You made a claim. I asked if you could support your claim. Please note also that inquiring if you can substantiate a claim you have made does not amount to an attack on you point of view. Finally, as you were the one to make the claim, it is your responsibility to substantiate it; I am under no obligation to provide any evidence to the contrary. Your claim stands or falls on its own merits.

You have not yet provided evidence to warrant your claim. Should you do so, and I find the evidence you provide credible and persuasive (that Halliburton's profits are the result of an abuse of power linking back to VP Cheney), then I, like other reasonable people, will agree that appropriate remedies should be sought against Mr. Cheney.