View Single Post
Old 11-11-2002, 08:25 PM
Pixies Horse Widower

Send a message via ICQ to dm383
Quote:
Sooner or later we all get stretch marks, scars, or other evidence on our bodies that we have really lived, and if someone thinks that's a turn-off then maybe their feelings for you doesn't run too deep either. Anyway, the real world isn't airbrushed thank god, and I think most of us realize and appreciate that.

Quote:
I have stretchmarks, I'm over them, but I have a scar on my right wrist now in the shape of a cresent, and one that I see every time I shave my pubic area, I had a hernia in high school from weight lifting.... 100# jerk and clean on a 110# body, no good. I'm a bit ashamed of them.

BamaKyttn, please don't be ashamed of ANY part of you, whatever it might be! I'm not normally a great "quoter", but I agree 110% with Christine (& others) on this subject ~ any marks, scars, tat's, whatever a person has are just a small part of what makes you YOU!
I have scars all over from my time in the army, from accidents and just living; I have stretch marks from training too hard when I was younger, and I have 4 tattoos - I CHOSE them, but they're no different to me than any other marks on my body.
The way I see it, every mark on a person is also a memory; part of what makes you YOU, no matter how painful it may have been at the time, and just as much as memories or experiences are what made you the person you are today; only difference is, the memories don't show!
Sorry to go on so much ~ I'll shut up now, and go away!!

DM
I only own my mind