Thread: Near & Dear
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2008, 08:29 PM
Yankee in Dixie

I don't think it should be permitted in schools, on the basis that it's the parents' job to discipline the children. I was well behaved in school (for the most part) and I got grounded and sent to the corner.......but there were a few times when I was spanked. I do think that there are a few teachers that need to pay more attention to their students and get involved a bit more. Parents don't know what goes on with their kids at school without the teachers telling them. I know I didn't tell my mom anything about anything if I could help it. I'm not necessarily blaming one side or the other, but both sides. There are teachers that care, and parents that care, and subsequently you get a decent kid that does fairly well in school and in the world. There are way too many factors involved, however to pin point one reason or another. Doesn't give someone else the right to paddle a kid in my opinion.
"BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Will he offer me his mouth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his teeth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his jaws? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Again, will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes! GIRL: Yes. BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Yes. BOY: I bet you say that to all the boys!" -Meatloaf