Thread: Near & Dear
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2008, 12:09 AM
Vampyre/ Knight

Send a message via Yahoo to Prophet Reality
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith
Who told you the teacher was charged with filing a false report? Teachers are required reporters and must report based on verbal ackowledgement of abuse by a child. They can not be held responsible if the child lies. A teacher is not to investigate only report. I think who ever told you she was charged told you a fib. You may have been inconvenienced but 38942578937534897523897 kids a year would remain in abuse situtation if teachers suddenly feared charges if they reported suspected abuse.

I was told by the Dept of Family and Child services. Seems that the teacher made several calls a day to them to report instances, and not once did she follow the chain of command in such regards. I am not mad at the teacher or the investigator. I complied with all their questions, informed them oh how things are handled in my house per my culture and belief system. They were polite and understanding.

And I agree that teachers should report such instances when it is presented to them, but I am sure you know as well there is a process that needs to be followed so that all parties involved at the school is aware so when the investigator arrives everything is done correctly. I may lose points of favor with people here and honestly I don't rightly care.

Step up and accept your roles. If you are a parent then take an interest in your child. If you are a teacher step up and take an interest in your students. So many are just ignored or pushed aside because a teacher does not feel that they are excelling or are special enough or can get the right grades so as to keep the scores high. These are the students that then act out because of lack of attention. Sometimes discipline is needed and not only by the parents but by someone that can be non biased and can administer to the situaion at the time it occurs. The longer you wait for a situation to be resolved, the less importance it has to the party that misbehaved. I am not saying that they need to be beaten. But a few spankings to reinforce the rules has never, ever hurt a child or person.

And yes I fully agree that alot of it stems from the parents and the environment. But you know when a teacher preaches to their students that if mom or dad hurt you, you need to call the police... wow there goes any type of punishment. The parents of the US have been scared into a state of letting the child get away with what they want or else.... Yet when that child goes too far who is being blamed then. They always blame the parents first and foremost.

Look at the incident in Colorado several years ago. The system blamed what happened on the parents, then music, then video games, then movies, then everything else. But not once was the school called into question on what was done or how things were handled. At the time that it happened I wan an EMT and was the third unit on site. I also was a fencing instructor in the area and knew some of the students that lost there lives. When I was on the campus there was very little awareness from the teachers of what happened. They were all in their own little worlds and cared very little for the students. And that lead to a lot of the problems and still does.

Okay now that I have stepped onto one of my I will gracefully step back.