View Single Post
Old 05-16-2009, 04:25 PM
Turn it up!

Send a message via AIM to scotzoidman Send a message via Yahoo to scotzoidman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booger
Don't have everything planned out but have said for a long time that I want my casket wheeled in five minutes after the service started so I could be late to my own funeral.

No doubt your mother assured you that would be the case.

It's a task I know I should tend to, just haven't made it there yet. Having seen both sides now, I KNOW it's something everyone should be required to do, at least if you really love the ones you leave behind. My father bought one of the pre-paid plans years before the time of need, & it was a great relief 2x over not to have to debate the details (& chuck up the cash) at a time when my head would not have been up for the task. OTOH, my FIL was content to be King of Denial, which meant I watched the 3-hour black comedy event of the season when MIL passed unexpectedly back in Jan. SIL was insisting on only the best for her mama, while the King of Scots (FIL) kept leaning back towards the cheap boxes as if drawn by magnetism. (Trust me, it was a lot funnier than it sounds, wish I'd snuck a hidden cam in, I'd have a YouTube hit)

Now I'm just back to trying to put the fun back in "dysfunctional family unit"...pray for me, if you're the kind who thinks it helps, or just wish me well on keeping my justified homicidal tendencies under control...

If the theory does not conform to the facts, then the facts must be discarded.

No good deed ever goes unpunished

Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, & beat you with experience.