View Single Post
Old 12-05-2002, 04:26 AM
Fallen

It all depends on the person to be honest, some people are willing to be more open and playful online due to the relative anonymity of the internet and feel safe. However they may not want anything to do with you in real life, and draw the line to a meeting. This goes for both men and women, it isn't restricted to one or the other.

It really is all about security, let's be honest, you can act anyway you want and chances are the person on the other end will take it at face value. The only way to tell is long, extended correspondence and even then, you never can be too sure if the person is who they say they are. In this day and age people can't be too careful (especially women), is it a bit disheartening, yes, it can be at times, but I personally have met a few wonderful friends online who I have met in person.
"And as we all play parts of tomorrow, some ways will work and other ways we'll play. And I know we can't all stay here forever, so I'll write, my words on the face of today...and then they'll paint it" - Shannon Hoon