Thread: Mouse...grrrrr
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 09:55 PM
Turn it up!

Send a message via AIM to scotzoidman Send a message via Yahoo to scotzoidman
Funny you should bring it up...

I hate those meeces to pieces!!!

I, too, had a wonderful trackball (given to me by a gamerGeek co-worker), & when it finally gave up the ghost, I was surprised to find no one else in the house wanted another one as replacement. So, back to cheap disposable mice, replaced as needed, with no problems...until just after I moved up the XP! Every mouse, ball or optical, I've used since has caused jumping problems; I go to click on a link, & the page jumps just before the click, causing me to click on crap I would never intentionally link to. Now, the latest desktop vermin has decided to misbehave even more, left clicker doesn't hold for drag & drop ops any more...& yeh, I tried a wireless set (keyboard & mouse), mouse worked ok, but the keyboard was way too slow to respond to fast typing.

I've got a new Dell optical on its way from KY, hoping against hope that matching brands with the puter will fix the weirdness.

And yes, there are still some deals to be had on ball mice at Ebay....apparently lots of obsolete models being cleared out. My guess is that Ebay.AU would have a similar situation...

If the theory does not conform to the facts, then the facts must be discarded.

No good deed ever goes unpunished

Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, & beat you with experience.