View Single Post
Old 09-20-2009, 12:14 AM
Turn it up!

Send a message via AIM to scotzoidman Send a message via Yahoo to scotzoidman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish
Many will disagree but they have screwed up everything
else,so thats one of the reasons that I don't want it!

This is the most infuriating argument of all! Some lady bozo on a call-in talk show says, "Well, who says Social Security & Medicare are well-run govt programs?"...well, for one, I do...I know, it took an infuriatingly long time to get accepted, during which time I came very close to bankruptcy, but once I was in, it's saved my life...yes, Medicaid plan B has its drawbacks, some due to extensive red tape, but when push comes to shove, I get most of my medical necessities paid for...& I get no worse of a runaround from Medicaid than I ever got from private insurance companies! So you like your present medical insurance just fine, great...you do realize it's gonna go up, & up, & up, don't you? And why? Because the medical professionals & hospitals have to raise their rates because of the 45,000,000 or so folks here that don't have any insurance at all...what we have now is a broken non-system that's going to bankrupt us all soon, & I'd like to see the govt. at least TRY to wade in & fix this coalcart to Hell before it destroys us...

If the theory does not conform to the facts, then the facts must be discarded.

No good deed ever goes unpunished

Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, & beat you with experience.