View Single Post
Old 09-23-2009, 11:10 PM
Turn it up!

Send a message via AIM to scotzoidman Send a message via Yahoo to scotzoidman
Quote:
As for the comment “If ‘regulators’ of any industries were doing their jobs, we wouldn't be in the financial crisis we're in now”, I find it passing strange that this would come from an advocate of a new multi-billion dollar a year Federal Entitlement program.
Putting words in someone else's mouth is a time-honored technique of yours, & one that I am way past sick of. No where have I said that I am an advocate of the plan currently in play; in fact, the more I hear of it, the more I fear it will be less than a Band-Aid for the central problems before us. I do believe the current system is broken, & it would be nice if the self-professed most prosperous nation on earth could at least catch up a little with some of our equally developed neighbors & allies in taking care of our own.

Quote:
Medicaid, another Federal health program with millions of participants has been described in this thread as “it took an infuriatingly long time to get accepted,” and “Medicaid plan B has its drawbacks, some due to extensive red tape.” This is hardly what I consider to be a ringing endorsement of the precursor of a potential future. I would have thought that we would want fewer, not more problems as the fruits of our efforts.
If you had read a little further, you would have picked up on the fact that I said Medicaid was no more frustrating to deal with than private insurance I've had in the past; hardly a "ringing endorsement" of the exiting private system, I'd say. If I seem angry or bitter about private insurers, it's only because I really am (for reasons in the past my blood pressure would rather I not go into at the moment).

I have to say, at least I'm somewhat pleased that someone else sees the irony of my "truckload" comment enough to use it to bracket the latest incoming truckload...

If the theory does not conform to the facts, then the facts must be discarded.

No good deed ever goes unpunished

Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, & beat you with experience.