View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 12:13 PM
Pixie's Resident Reptile

Knowledge: Law, Politics, History

I was reading an on-line commentary earlier today. Seems the particular web site I was reading had taken a poll of the general populace in the US. Not surprisingly, the results stated that most American can't recite the freedoms guarranteed by the First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America.

So I stopped, thought about it briefly, and started rattling them off in my head.

And then I stopped again. I realized that there was one I was missing. Didn't know what it was, but I knew it ws there. Eventually gave up, and read the rest of the article for the missing freedom.

So I asked my housemate if he could recite them. Turns out, he missed the same one I did.

So, now a question for Pixies: what are these freedoms? Hint: threre are five of them. And no fair looking it up on-line, but if you happen to have a written copy of the US Constitution in your home, I won't call it cheating to look at that. I figure it's a bonus for actually caring enough to have one around.

And I'll check back to this thread in a couple of days, see who answered correctly.