View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 06:12 PM
Turn it up!

Send a message via AIM to scotzoidman Send a message via Yahoo to scotzoidman
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaKyttn
It's never a bad time for a get-a-way!

Marl and I are holed up in a wonderful cabin with another couple in Gatlinburg, Tn.

There is an outstanding 'net connection as well as DISH tv, great company and the touristy stuff is awesome. A Ripley's Believe it or Not Oddity Museum, a Dixie Stampede as well as several other "diner and a show" type places, many go-cart/minigolf/laser tag/arcade type things as well as a totally awesome Ripley's Aquarium and lots of places to eat.

The off season according to the locals is between january and march and i hope to make our next trip then because these holiday tourists are nuts! (irony, eh?)

We made a day of the aquarium with 4 adults and a 3 year old. Honestly it was cool as hell although the moving sidewalk through the tunnel under the large "shark lagoon" was AWESOME. so freakin cool, I swear Marlboro who is not much for taking pictures snapped about 100 in that alone. Then we came back "home" to the cabin, walked the dog, cooked dinner and put the kid to bed.

The best feature is most cabins have very private balconies some have outdoor hot tubs on the and some have indoor hot tubs. Ours happens to be outside. 100 degree + (F) hot tub after a day of walking through the throngs with the cool ( 40 or so degree F) mountain air around you is quite a thrill. Especially when you're all naked. ( The tub was right outside the room where the little one was snoozing so we could all keep an ear on her, so no danger there.)

Anyone else have suggestions for couples or family get-a-ways?

This was only a 5 hour drive for us but figured that not everyone would know about this "local" get-a-way!

Hot Tub Holidays! I mean Naked Hot Tub-ing! I mean Happy New Years! Yeah thats it!

Kyttn and Marlborodasreds

Mrs Z & I have been doing the Naked Hot Tub thing in the Smokies for years now. Finding the right combo of privacy & access to amenities (not to mention a place that doesn't push my acrophobia over the edge ) has taken a lot of time, & covered pretty much all of Sevier County, but it looks like we have a good spot now. At least as long as they don't sell the cabin off to another company.

Check out Cade's Cove for vast expanses of bucolic beauty.

If the theory does not conform to the facts, then the facts must be discarded.

No good deed ever goes unpunished

Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, & beat you with experience.