Thread: Given up on sex
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 01:05 AM
Causer of Unrest

There are women out there who adore the nice guy. I've always been a fan. You just have to find them, and you have to make sure you're not ignoring the nice girl who's shy, too. And you have to make sure you're truly a kind person, not just acting nice in the hopes that it'll get you laid.

The best part of Mr. AZRH's 20th reunion was hearing the girl he would've loved to date, the girl who used to say, "I need to find someone like you," when he was thinking, "But you can have ME, I'm standing RIGHT HERE!" tell him, "I should've dated you all along." I'm glad she didn't, and he was there for me to find.

There are 2 seemingly antithetical things that I know about dating, which are 1) it really is a numbers game, and a lot of luck is involved, so you have to get out there and kiss a fair number of toads before you find your prince(ss), and 2) if you want to attract quality people, you have to BE quality people. If you have one or the other of those things going on, it's probably going to be a tough road--you need both. But good people you really want to see naked rarely fall into your lap. And fair or not, the onus is still largely on men to initiate dates and such. I am someone who has made the first move in every significant romantic relationship I've ever had, but I am unusual among the women I've known over the years in that respect.

My photo threads...

Latest: Cool April Morning

XXXII XXXIII XXXIV XXXV XXXVI XXXVII XXXVIII XXXIX

Stories
Thank You, Come Again / Robyn's Roommate / Seamus, Charlotte, and the Showgirl / God, It's Good to Be Queen

"I walk with my head held high and naked in the sun, claiming these streets for myself."--Jonatha Brooke