View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 06:20 PM
One Hot Mamma!

Send a message via MSN to ShadowDancer Send a message via Yahoo to ShadowDancer
I had an ablation 2 yrs ago. I've not had a period since. I had been having 10-14 day periods every 2 wks...and they were SUPER heavy. I went to a new gyn and he suggested we try the NovaSure (uterine ablation). I started yet another period 3 days before the surgery. We went ahead as scheduled and when he was checking me just prior to surgery, he was like, "dang you ARE bleeding awfully heavy..."...I told him I had been trying to tell someone that for 2 yrs at that point and no one would listen! I just kept being told it was "normal" because I'm overweight when I brought it up at my old doc. It was the best thing I ever did. I still have all my hormones because I still have my ovaries. Just, the rest of the equipment no longer functions.
“Sex is one of the most personal things we do as people. To have someone who says she loves you limit how you express yourself in the bedroom is like a small death. It kills the soul.” --Anita Blake to Jason Schuyler in "Blood Noir" by Laurell K. Hamilton