View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 09:04 PM

Hate serving lunch at work

This is a vent. Just because.

I am a manager where I work, and every so often (every six months?) the company buys employees a "free lunch" but asks managers to serve it. I hate doing it.

Mostly because - I think - I don't consider it an incentive to have the CEO or some manager serve me lunch. I'd much rather they do their thing and I just take my lunch and go. Further, I like my private lunch time. I work like a dog and can't get everything done. And lunch is when I recharge my batteries.

I don't buy into this whole "a chance to serve your coworkers" BS and I also think it isn't a "Good chance to see people". I mean really, your job as a manager is to serve your coworkers. And further seeing people is a style choice. If you can't get out of your F'ing office to see what is going on then serving lunch is an excuse.

I realize that for some people it is a good thing to recieve a lunch from someone like that. Although news flash, I'd bet they'd appreciate an actual conversation with them instead rather than a "Here's your hamburger!".

Anyway, I know this isn't that big of a deal, but God I hate it. So I skip out when I can. I know, this isn't that big of a deal. Pretty much a case of where if I just keep my mouth shut people don't worry about it.

Vent. Was asked for this Thursday and I made plans to be offsite.