View Single Post
Old 06-23-2014, 09:26 AM
Yankee in Dixie

I've always looked at my job as a means to an end. I work for a specific company to be able to try and get in with a better company, and from there to an even better company. The only reason I want this is because I want the house, and the restored old cars, and to be able to do a few other things on the list.

I can see where you got lost in thinking that the job is what you are. You need to widen your gaze and see WHO you are. Father, husband, friend, etc. Some, like Lilith, are lucky in that they have a true passion/calling for something that is so much more to the world.

In my opinion, you should take the demotion and see what happens when the dust settles. As long as the pay remains the same, financially you should be fine. Take the time do some searching into what you really want.
"BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Will he offer me his mouth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his teeth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his jaws? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Again, will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes! GIRL: Yes. BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Yes. BOY: I bet you say that to all the boys!" -Meatloaf