View Single Post
Old 05-15-2003, 08:35 PM

I'm really not sure if I am ready ( too soon after a break up) or even interested. Here's my story if anyone is interested...lol
A few weeks ago, I was having an unusally bad day. I was coming back from a Dr. appt in a place pretty far from my house and I was not really familiar with the town I was in either. I was driving home and I had a lot on my mind that day so I guess I wasn't really paying attention and I went over a huge pot hole and got a flat tire in the pouring rain too. I pulled over into a little deli type place and I got out ( with no umbrella...lol) This man coming from the deli walked over to see if he could help and he let me use his cell phone, he told me there was agas station a few blocks away and he asked me if I wanted him to go there and have them send someone to help me. No way could I change a flat tire especially since I have designer rims with a special key etc. I would never have figured it out. So I said yes and he went to the gas station he came back and told me someone was coming to help me. I thanked him and he left. After the tire was changed I drove back to the gas station so I could write them a check. I did then went home a week later I got a phone call from the guy who stopped to help me it turns out he went back to the gas station after work to see how I made out. Which was nice I guess, then he asked them if they had my phone number and they gave it to him off my check that I was annoyed at but after I called the gas station to ask them about it they didn't know we were strangers. Anyway, when he called me and told me who he was he said he asked the gas station for my number and they gave it to him, he told me he was a Dr. a heart surgeon at the hospital nearby and I had just came from there too. He said he wanted to make sure I was ok, so I thanked him again and hung up. Two days later he sent me flowers asking me to dinner. Why he did that I still can't figure out I was soaking wet the day I met him from the rain and not having a great day and it showed. So after I told a few friends about him doing that they all told me I would be crazy not to go out with him at least to see if I liked him or maybe would be interested. Where a lot of women I know would jump at the chance to date a nice looking, kind, successful Doctor or at least be intrigued enough to go out on a date. I know by me turning him down I could be turning down a really nice possibility of maybe eventually having a really nice relationship and who knows what could have happened. All I can say is if this man went to the trouble of going back to the gas station to get my number, call em to see if I was ok, send me flowers and found me attractive and obviously interested in me enough even when I was soaking wet from head to toe and not exactly looking my very best then I would be nuts to turn him down. However, my heart feels like it is still not free and I don't know if it will ever be. I know I'm crazy and nuts huh?...lol trust me I really wish I wasn't but if you knew me you would know I am...