View Single Post
Old 11-28-2001, 02:31 PM
Here find old friends!

Send a message via AIM to darrenfate Send a message via Yahoo to darrenfate
BOB

Bob Babcock was in his first overseas tour of duty assigned to Clark AFB as an American pilot. Bob was a graduate of the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs. Having finished school, he was a little older than his peers. Bob was affectionately known as "Pops", at the grand old age of 25. He looked out for his boys as part of his nature.

From the first moment he set foot in this beautiful place, Bob was transported to a world unlike any other he had ever seen, and he quickly found out more. 7,000 islands divided into three main areas: Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Great diving in the archipelago. The land's physical beauty starkly contrasted with it's people's poverty. Poor folks were everywhere, many begging, selling and whoring just to get by. "There but for the grace of God, go I " Bob muttered as he made his way into the bar.

A beer was served to him without his asking, a tribute to being a "regular" here. He surveyed the place noting it held the usual colorful collection of characters. That fresh bunch of marines just arrived, pawing at the girls like they all do when they just get here. Center stage of course was Purit, her large breasts always the object of somebodies lust. Everybody knew Purit, and I do mean everybody. She was joined by six other women, all scouting for men with money.

He looked through the coconut screen into the kitchen, and saw this beautiful girl rubbing her stomach, a pained look on her face. Bob was inexplicably drawn to her, without thinking he got up and approached her. She was sitting, eyes downcast as he came close. Laying his big hand gently on her shoulder, he leaned over and whispered "What pains you so, little one? I am here for you". Startled, she looked up - Bob had never seen eyes so beautifully brown before. Yet tinged with sadness. He was dazzled. She spoke ...
" Each day through my window, I watch her as she passes by, I say to myself, you're such a lucky guy. To have a girl like her, is truly a dream come true. Out of all the fellas in the world, she belongs to me. ..
...This couldn't be a dream, for too real it all seems...

But it was just my imagination, runnin away with me, it was just my imagination, runnin away with me. "

Smokey Robinson