Thread: Sex Education
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2003, 06:01 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
There are several really great websites meant for kids that discuss puberty and sex ed. I think puberty101 is one.

Ginger I too worry that especially in middle school, when a girl is soooo body conscious and leary of her representation among her peers, girls begin to associate sexual attention with accceptance. I don't think people, parnets especially understand what a seriously volatile time middle school is. Too bad they have not taken the same approach with sex as they have with drugs as in the DARE program. Instead we have minimal sex ed and that is shrouded in mystery and extremely brief, rarely discussing the entire impact of body changes etc. The attitude alone seems to insinuate that these changes are something not to be discussed or to even be ashamed of.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas