View Single Post
Old 09-27-2003, 09:37 PM
Just me.

Why are you here at Pixies?

I just sent a PM to one of Pixie's most special people (of course that could be any of you) and it made me think of just what makes Pixies so special and why I spend so much time here. I thought I'd share it with you as kind of a thank you to you all and then see if you have any special reasons for being here, too.

Here I am ... 60 years old and playing around posting here at this site. Fact is, more than once it's crossed my mind that maybe I'm really too old to be here and that a lot of you younger Pixies probably wonder why an ol' geezer like me is here.

Then, one or more of you really say or do something that is very special for me. More special than you know. You say things like you enjoy my posts in the gaming threads; or that you think I'm funny; or that you like the pictures I've posted. Or, like Eliza did, she put together a few of my old pictures and posted them in a thread called "A Tribute and a Gift." She's done that of other guys here at Pixies, too (but they were all generally younger (much?) than me).

I want to tell you all, when you do those little things ... you really make a guy like me feel very, very good ... and probably have taken several years off my age in the process.

I've several times have said how special I think you all are, but probably not always why. Well, this is a lot of the reason. And, I just want to take this chance to really and truly tell each of you ... Lilith, Sharni, Sugarsprinkles, Lixy, Pantyfanatic, DM383, IAKG, Christine, Nikki and Legend [whereever you are ], Uncle Silky, GrumbleGuts, Scarecrow ... and all the rest of you (don't meant to leave anyone out) ....

THANK YOU!

There ... I've done it. Now you can tell me why you like this place and I'll just sit back feeling younger and younger and one day, when I grow DOWN, I may even get as young as some of you!