View Single Post
Old 11-16-2003, 12:20 PM
Everybody Stretch!

I'm allowed here! I'm just + on the age meter! So *raspberries*! Oh shit.......wait! *checks to see if I'm "crotchety"* Yep! I have a crotch! OK.....here goes..........

I was in elementary school ( I had just ridden in on my dinosaur and parked her in the bike stand). They wheeled TV's in and our teacher's aide was crying. I watched the other students and the teachers and aides more than I watched the television. Soon, we were being put on a bus and sent home. My house seemed different somehow. It was a feeling....not a physical change. The TV was on there too. The only person that actually uttered the word "dead" was a reporter. "The President is Dead" were his exact words..........and then I finally understood what was happening. I sorta just knew, instinctively, NOT to ask, "Why are we going home?, Why is everyone sad?", and I guess the adults just assumed us children understood what was happening. I was sad......before I even knew why I should be sad. That's the kind of day is was for me!

~Thomas Dewar~