View Single Post
Old 11-17-2003, 10:15 PM
1 of 8,111,103,258

You just want to hear me say “STARK-FUCKING FEAR and CONFUSSION so the kids can laugh at the old guy Bibi. lol I was so frightened I had diarrhea for two days.

Actually I’ve been thinking about my own situation and thoughts since I started this thread. (What the hell was I thinking. ) I never had to summarize the complete situation before.:dizzy:

The news was stared for me with the blaring of a horn that we knew was not part of the routine. I got very spotty coverage of the whole thing for quite a while.

Bad Tolz, Germany, U.S. Army, 10th Special Forces Group.

We fell in for what seemed more than drill. After each Detachment reported, Fst. Sgt. Worley read from the bulletin “just received”. It was something like this.

“This unit and all U.S. forces are now in a state of full alert and will remain at ready until further notice. All leaves and passes are canceled and all personnel will report to their units or the nearest military installation immediately. The President of the United States of America, John Fitzgerald Kennedy, was killed today in Dallas Texas. You will receive further orders and information as it is made available.”

An eternity of DEAD silence was followed by him saying “All units will secure their full ready gear from the Supply Room and each man will pickup his weapons from the Arms Room. You may write a maximum of two letters that will be held, and turn them into the Mail Room. Remain in your quarters until further notice. You have two hours. Dismissed!”

That was my full coverage for the next two days. Nobody slept that night and EVERYBODY talked a mile a minute and I’ll bet not one man can tell you one thing that was said. The only thing we knew (and it was never actually said by anybody) was that the “COMMIES” did it. The inevitable “shit-house rumor” flashed by every few hours. “The 3rd Detachment is loading up”. “The 4th said they are moving the planes”. “Just heard it was the Chinese”. “Somebody shot the guy that shot the President and we’re going to Pakistan.” LOL We didn’t move! It was actually three days before we “officially” told that we were not at war. It ALL scared the hell out of this 19 year old kid.

We saw pictures of the funeral in the Stars & Stripes and read all the stories, but I had nothing to relate it to and none of it made sense. It was actually years before I saw the Zapruder films on TV. I think the only thing worse than too much coverage is not enough. LOL Very confusing time for a very young man.:dizzy:

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world