View Single Post
Old 12-07-2003, 09:01 PM
Wishful Thinker

Send a message via ICQ to BigBear57 Send a message via MSN to BigBear57 Send a message via Yahoo to BigBear57
DM I feel your pain friend. I once left my Dad's place with my son and hit another car parked alongside the road. As I was driving out of Dad's driveway I tossed my checkbook on the dash and it slid off. I saw it sliding and reached to catch it, I guess I leaned just enough to cut the wheel and make slight contact with the parked car. Well that's bad enough but the parked car had been backed to the curb and the wheels were still turned out. So when my front passenger side wheel met its front passenger side wheel my Honda Civic proceeded to climb up it and consequently I drove down the side of the other car with my wheel about the height of the other car's door. My son was a little scared as we were turned sideways but when we drove off the back side he freaked. I spent 10 minutes trying to calm him down and the flagged down a cop to report the acident. Most of my friends said it was bad enough to hit the car but then to make it a point to report it when nobody saw anything was just ignorant. I see it this way. My mistake, I'll take the heat and I did. The owner of the car involved sent me a note of appreciation afterward too. It didn't, however make me feel any less foolish for choosing to catch my checkbook instead of watching where I was going more closely.

Lixy a bollard is one of those poles they plant to keep you from hitting other things like lights and such and they're usually pipes filled with concrete.

Love is not looking in each other's eyes, but looking together in the same direction - Antoine De Saint-Exupery