Thread: Aftermath
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2004, 08:48 PM
obsolete

Their kisses, soft and tender, seemed to last an eternity, but time was running short for the twosome and there were things that needed doing. Janice had other responsibilities to tend to -- the twins and her husband, Jack -- not to mention their household.

It took great effort to come back to her reality, but Jan finally and reluctantly, stepped back and away from her son's arms. Looking up at him, she was blown away by the look in his eyes. Was it what she thought or a reflection of what was in her own? Janice didn't know, but she knew they would have to talk. Sit down and really talk. Things had changed between the two of them, whether she liked it or not. Things that could feasibly change the rest of their lives.

"Mark, I know you want... " Jan looked down at his swollen appendage. "So do I, sweetie. So very much. But I have things to do to make our time together go more smoothly. Groceries are a high priority right now. Tell you what. Shower up quick while I go do the same and I'll meet you downstairs in fifteen minutes. You can go with me -- it'll give us some regular time together and maybe take our minds off "other things", too."

She kissed him softly before gathering up her clothing and heading for her own bedroom and bath. Jan had never expected things to go this way -- not in a million years. She was still uncertain how to deal with the repercussions that were certain to come, but deal with it she must. They must. They all must. How in the world was she going to explain any of this to Jack?