Thread: Screwples
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2004, 01:39 AM

Caitlin was just coming out of the kitchen when she spotted John Rains sitting at the bar downing glasses of her expensive champagne like shots of cheap whiskey. She knew of Johns past history of alcohol and the feud between the man and her father. It was then she realized this would be more of an eventful evening than she bargained for. She called security over and spoke quietly to him. "Officer Morgan, please keep an eye on Mr. Rains over there. He seems to be enjoying the nights festivities a little too much. Make sure he doesn't hurt himself or one of our guests. I didn't invite him, but I would like to try to avoid a commotion if at all possible," and with that she gave him a little wink.

"Yes, ma'am" the officer replied and Caitlin continued surveying the crowd for ways to keep her guests happy, stopping for the occasional small talk along her way. She stole a glance back to the bar and noticed John swaying against his stool trying to talk to an older lady who was obviously appalled by his state of drunkeness.

Caitlin looked over to security again as if to signal to him that it was time to remind Mr. Rains of his place tonight. The burly man slowly made his way to where John was seated and Caitlin saw him lean down over him as if talking quietly. Halfway through the crowd, she can clearly make out John's reply, “Well that’s a bunch of shit. I can be here if I want to be," he said, his drink spilling onto his shoes as he swayed. She saw the security guard pulling him by the elbow away from the bar and she slowly made her way toward them trying not to draw any more attention to the scene along the way.

"I said I'm not leaving!" she heard him say as she came up behind the two men.

“Just what is wrong with you Mr. Rains!? You were not invited to this party and I think that you should leave!” she said in a stern but quiet tone.

John was fighting to free himself from the guards grasp as more and more eyes focused on the scene before them. She looked to the bartender, a beautiful young girl she had recently hired and who's name was escaping her at the moment. "You, you! Call the police," She directed and the girl was off in a shot, "before you do something to embarrass yourself further, Mr. Rains."

John managed to free himself from the huge mans grip long enough to grab another glass of champagne and throw into Caitlins face, soaking her dress. "I'm not the one who will be embarrassed before this night is over," John replied lunging toward her just long enough to grab a handful of the long flowing material on the side of her dress. The security guard grabbed him again hooking his arms through the mans elbows but not before John ripped open the side of the dress almost causing it to fall from her body. Caitlin quickly reacted catching the torn fabric and keeping it held against her body but not quickly enough to keep from very briefly exposing her bare chest to the gathering crowd. Quickly and with as much composure as her soaked, abused body could muster, she said "Goodnight, Mr. Rains" and walked quickly to her office where she stripped away the remnents of her beautiful gown.

She sat on the edge of her desk for a moment composing herself. Taking deep breaths all the while her mind racing. She reached up to massage her own neck and felt the sticky remnants of the champagne on her skin. She was infuriated. She was humiliated. She was...in need of a shower desperately....

She stripped off her stockings and underwear and walked into the bathroom. She stepped into the shower and turned the water on as hot as she could stand it and began to wash away her frustration along with the champagne. Halfway through she heard the intercom on her desk beep and a booming voice, "Ma'am theres a man out here, looks to be early to mid 20s wishing to talk to you about a Mr. John Rains. What should i do with him?"

She hopped out of the shower quickly and ran to her desk making little puddles in the floor with every step. She thought to herself that it had to be Paul Simons, a good friend, employee, and near-son of Johns. "Ok, send him in, tell him to come to the back office," she said quickly before running back to the shower to finish rinsing her body, forgetting to lock the door on the way....

She turned off the water and stepped out of the shower as she heard her office door shut. She toweled herself dry and then wrapped it around herself before turning around to go get her spare clothes out of her filing cabinet. She always kept a set of after work clothes in there.

She turned around to Paul and jumped "ooh", Paul looked away upon instinct "Oh erm sorry about that" he said. She walked out of the bathroom in her towel, "Thats OK," she said as she went to her drawer and pulled out a light blue knee length summer dress and went back into the bathroom, closing and locking the door this time... a few minutes later she walked out, in her clean dress.

"Hi, i'm Paul Simons, i work with John Rains" he said.

"I know who you are," she said with a slight smile on her face. Goodness, she thought to herself, he just gets better looking every time I see him. She pulled her thoughts back together. "So what do you want to talk about?"

"Look, its about the incident earlier, im terribly sorry about what happened, i heard that John damaged your dress, i hope its not too bad," he said apologetically.

"Unfortunately it is," she replied. " I dont think it can be repaired, its ripped and stained," she said picking the dress up from the floor and showing him the damage.

"Oh dear, erm... here" Paul said as he pulled out his checkbook, "You tell me how much it was and i'll write you a check."

"The price of that dress was about $20,000" she replied matter-of-factly.

"Oh... erm, thats a bit far out of my league, what should we do?"

"Don't worry about it, Paul. It wasn't your fault. Besides, I'd have never worn it again after tonight anyway....and it wasn't all that comfortable in the first place," she said jokingly to him to lift his burden. "If anything I should be apologizing for my fathers behavior. If it wasn't for him and this silly idea he has that I can't handle a little friendly competition around here from John, then he wouldn't have felt the need to show up here tonight." She walked over behind her desk and sat down. "I have no beef with either you or your friend, Paul," she leaned forward onto her elbows. "The only reason I didn't invite John was due to my fathers insistance. Tonight wasn't suppose to be about Bela Luna. It was...and is as a matter of fact...about raising money for a good cause. Come to think of it, why weren't you here to begin with? Did you not recieve your invitation?"

ooc: sorry this was so long but i had a lot to cover