Thread: What to do?
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2004, 03:03 PM
Multi-Sexual

To me, to be bluntly honest, it sounds more like it's been over for him for a while, and that he's hanging on to a good thing. You're just like his mother to him. I may be wrong, but you pay his way, clean the house, and even tell him he doesn't have to pitch in with bills. It's the same as he had at home, only without his mom breathing down his neck asking where he is, or what not.

Now, like I said, I may be wrong, but... well, to me, it just seems like you have a LOT invested into him, while he hands out a few small crumbs when he needs to.

A break might help some. Have him go back to his mom's for a few weeks, seeing as she lives near by. Set a few guidlines, and go back to making it feel more like a dating experience, than a marriage experiance. If he wants the relationship, he'll fight for it. You sound like you've shown him in more ways than one that you'll do anything for him. Let him do the same for you now, no matter how much it WILL hurt to step back, at least at first.

If he doesn't fight, then you'll know. If he does, it should help improve your relationship with him.

Good luck.

BTW, welcome to another Michigander.