Thread: What to do?
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2004, 08:01 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to having_fun
MeeShell,
I was once in a similar situation as you. Although, it was my apartment, and I paid all the bills.

The young lady I was dating moved in with me. In the beginning things were great, (The sex, sharing, fun, conversations, etc ) but after a few months it became apparent to me that there just wasn't the connection that I needed in a serious relationship.

She had never been in a serious relationship before, nor lived away from mom & dad, and I rapidly became her mom,dad, lover, and best friend. I soon realized that she had an inferiority complex, she was always putting herself down, and in many ways being her own worse enemy. In short order she became completely dependent on me for all of her physical and emotional needs.

There rose the problem. I cared for her, and therefore found it impossible to ask her to leave, because I knew how much she cared for me. The situation put me in a position where I gave her what she specifically asked for, but as far as my interest it became just like we were room mates that had sex.

Here is my thoughts on your situation: Your boyfriend lived with his mom, not a good situation for any guy. You came along and provided him with an escape, and agreed to pay all the bills. You are infatuated with him, and letting him take advantage of you.

The advice offered previously is spot on. I too suggest that you ask him to move back in with his mom, and start dating all over again. But only if you truly love this guy. I say this because you have set a president with him, in your willingness to provide for his every need. If you continue with this relationship you can almost count on him being dependent on you for as long as you are together.

In my humble opinion, things are never going to change in this relationship, and its time to move on to someone who can really appreciate all the love and affection you have to offer the right man.