View Single Post
Old 06-22-2004, 07:00 PM
Multi-Sexual

coming from a stand point.. on... a young adult.. and what goes through the minds of young adults this day and age... and what we deal with...

What 'we' deal with? How old are you? Because she's just barely 17, and yes, I'm not a whole lot older, and have a sister her age, so I do still recall what it's like to be that age. Clinically speaking, I was a manic depressive from the time I was about 12. I understand fully feeling like there's no help, and no feelings.

This may seem a bit controversial and piss some people off..

But.. I don't think any of you have a right to judge what she did..
Please point out where anyone was judging her. I was saying what happened, and several very nice people were saying that they hoped she got better, and that we were in their thoughts.

it was her decision and if she wanted to smoke weed.. that is her decision. and if she wanted to take vicodin because she felt life was getting a bit rough around the edges.. she should not condemned...

She was never condemed for taking vicodin, she was told that day that it was wrong, as well as being against her probation. She tested positive for both pot, and vicodin when she was at the hospital that evening, which are both in direct violation of her probation. That aside, not a single person here, or in our family, has turned our backs to the problem, and said it was all her fault. There was no condmning involved.

Something in her life pushed her to take those scissors and do what she did..

And to me.. it sounds like a lack of compassion. Her cry for help was not the scissors..

There was never a lack of compassion involved. The problems assosicated with cutting are usually of a mental variety, and don't come about simply because of things going on around the person. The person may cut in retaliation to what goes on around them, but the problem itself doesn't come about that way. Had she asked anyone, myself, my husband, her parents, anyone at all, she would have gotten the help she needed

her cry for help was turning to the drugs.. and using them .. instead of turning to her family.. which is who should truely help with the pain...

the scissors... are what became of crys of help fallen upon deaf ears

Again, there were no cries. Drugs in today's society (and even in past time) are done to feel good. You don't do them simply to escpae a shitty life. People of all races, economical standing, and family lives take drugs. She started taking drugs when her friends started taking drugs. She continued because it felt good.

I'm sorry if you think my response was rude, but you implying that the entire problem is our families fault is both ignorant and rude.

Emma is a very bright girl who fell in with a crowd that drank, smoked, and did drugs. Peer pressure is a very powerful thing, especially in people who don't see any of the vices as being wrong.

I'm confidant that she will recieve the help she needs, and that she'll pull out of this strongly.

Again, to everyone else, thank you for your support. I know none of you know me or my family in person, but all of your words and knowing you were thinking of us was very comforting.