View Single Post
Old 08-20-2004, 09:21 AM
Loungin' Around

I disagree a bit with most of the comments above.....but will give you my 2c. Take it or leave it.

I think I would react in a similar manner. Sometimes the hardest issues just need to be dealt with *alone.* I am sure she does not mean you any disrespect, she just needs some space. Personally, if I were you I would let her have it. This situation needs to be far more about her needs than yours, and I think that talking about how difficult it is for *you* to be left out might have been a mistake. When I read her note, it seems that she wants some space.....likely has nothing to do with you, but there it is.

If I were you, I would send a letter to her home, if you need to communicate. Email can still be intrusive (at least, it is to me). She can choose to open or not open the letter.

I would also keep in mind that she will come back from this experience a different person. You may need to rebuild parts of the relationship -- 'cause these experiences tend to create damage to one's heart and soul.

Alternative #2 to the above....Try to chip in. She commented that she didn't know if she could go back to MT...even though the kids need to for school. Not sure if you want/can do this -- but you could offer to come over early and stay with them in Billings while she stays with her family. That would get you closer...but it is an awfully selfless move.

I think men talk to women so they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so they can talk to them. ~ Jay McInerney