Thread: Convince Me
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2004, 05:22 PM
is not this trim anymore!

What is the community like - Our picture appears in the dictionary next to Cow Town. Under 10,000 people.

What are the schools like - Expansion options have done little to contain the growing need for space. Good education, consistent test scores, and lots of educational amenities...but the taxes are high because of all the construction.

What are the employment options - Low unemployment rate for those willing to travel 15 - 20 mins. Hartford is reasonably close by.

Cost of living - Pretty high. Proportionate with the salary ranges though.

Crime rate - Someone hit a mailbox on our street and they practically shut the town down for a manhunt. Yeah, we don't have much excitement. ha ha

Big city or country - Well, with under 10,000 people, we wouldn't make a very impressive city.

It's a nice town, physically, but is experiencing growing pains. The people that have lived there forever hate to see it change and are painstakingly trying to prevent it, while those that move in want all the conveniences of the city they're running from...which will make the town less like why they elected to buy a house there.

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

Complete surrender should not just come at moments in which one faces overwhelming odds, but in the calm when it seems one is personally in complete control of one's life.