View Single Post
Old 12-23-2004, 11:51 AM
Suprise Me

My in-laws live just down the road across the street from us. We are in the country so just a look out of a window we can see each others homes. When Cobalt and I were first married, him mom and I had a strange relationship. She was very nosey and wanted to know everything - no question was too personal. I remember times we would return from the grocery store and just as we finished carrying all of the bags into the house the phone would ring. It would be her wanting to know where we were and what we bought. For better and worse - she and I formed an uneasy alliance once she knew that I loved her son, and would do anything for him.

She and I just started to really get along and begin to know each other deciding that the other really wasn't that bad when she was diagnosed with leukemia. Nine months later she was gone. I was really mad at God for taking her away just as we were starting to get to know each other and just as I was realizing what a true gem she was. I miss her.