Thread: American Idol
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2005, 05:58 AM
Everybody Stretch!

Oh..they are real alright BIBI! William Hung (from last year) is proof.

The first year "Idol" was on they didn't have as many of the bad as they do this year. It's even more this year than last. I think they've realized that bad can be good...for ratings. But truthfully...there are actually people out there that think they are good. They even have friends and family that might tell them they are good. They'll get so caught up in the compliments that they actually believe it themselves. And then there are people like Mary Roach, who go through this life with rose colored glasses on (to spare her my harsher thoughts). People might be teasing her into getting her to sing in her personal life...and she takes it as encouragement and trips her own trip.

bigmike01 said if it weren't funny, it'd be sad. I agree...though I think that if the Mary Roachs' of the world had some "true friends" in their life, instead of people encouraging them to get a laugh at their expense, we wouldn't have as many goofballs on the show. It's harmless fun...but it's sad in a deeper sense.

Then there are the peeps who are so full of themselves. They are my fave part of the show. I like to watch them get knocked down a peg or two!

I'm hooked again this year!

~Thomas Dewar~