Thread: American Idol
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2005, 07:17 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
((Lixy))...great story. I have had a few Lindas in my life too and some of them faired well and some have been exploited, duped, and abused because they could be. Because they often have the naive attributes that correspond to their cognitive/emotional age.

I think the producers should just be a little more wary of who they choose to place on exhibit. Just as it would be unacceptable for them to show a specific race of people and then point out all their racial differences while dashing their hopes, I think using mentally handicapped people on the show, and then pointing out that they are unacceptable by their standards, is just bad television..

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas