View Single Post
Old 03-05-2005, 01:57 AM
Mrs FussyPucker

WakMaster - I've got another slant on this hun, which is something I think it's important that you're aware of. I'm not sure you're going to like what I'm going to say, but it's coming from recent personal experience and the recent experience of a good male friend of mine.

Has it occurred to you that the great and incredibly powerful attraction to this other woman may not be all it seems. You are in a stable relationship, but it has some serious flaws and is not as fulfilling as it should be (for whatever reason) and perhaps the attraction you feel for this woman is because she represents a way out of your current relationship.

As others have said here, no relationship is perfect, but it's easy to think that a new relationship is better than an old one and you may well find (as both my friend and I did) that when you end one relationship for the sake of a new one, that the new one fails even to get off the ground, and the sole purpose of that all encompassing attraction was simply to extract you from your unhappy relationship. It's like you're attracted to your own freedom rather than this new person but you're blinded to see it. Your thoughts are 'the feelings are so strong, it must be 'the real thing'' but in fact that often doesn't turn out to be the case.

I think you should give serious consideration to whether your marriage is right for you, and only decide to leave it if you're happy to accept that you may end up with no relationship. I also think you'd be best to plan on having some time alone before entering into a relationship with your friend, simply because relationships which overlap like that tend to carry loads and loads of emotional baggage. Don't leave your wife 'for' this other woman.....if you need to leave your wife, leave her for you. And if the other woman has any sense and wants any real chance of making a relationship with you work, she'll make that same decision independetly of you....if not, it's perhaps as I feared: the strength of feeling is not always proof of how genuine the relationship is.

M Y - N A U G H T Y - P I C T U R E S ! !