View Single Post
Old 03-17-2005, 11:09 PM
Loving joys

Send a message via ICQ to joys Send a message via MSN to joys Send a message via Yahoo to joys
Heritage - Wanted to share

Hi all,

I'm so out of thoughts. Please give me your ideas so i can think properly.

My uncle died 3 months ago. We were very close, not like uncle-neph but more like friends. He was a lawyer - must state this as he knew all to become when he died and he had some serious operations before he died. Knowing this, he did not leave a will.

Since he did not leave a will and they have no children, the heritage is divided as 4/8 to wife, rest to his brothers/sisters. He had 2 sisters, one alive, my mom dead. So my aunt gets 2/8 and mom gets 2/8 but as she is dead, my sister and I get 1/8 each. This is the legal thing.

At first, I had told his wife that we would have no demands of the heritage, but then I had to act in line with the others, and his wife's talkings. We found out that the cash in banks is real high..that is to say about 100,000 USD for my share (double it for my aunt and 4x for his wife) plus 2 very expensive houses, plus a Honda CVR.

We left 1 (most expensive) house and the Honda to his wife.i His wife still says that these were their mutual savings. I think she wants it all. My aunt, being like a sister when he was alive has decided not to talk to her. My sister told me that she could just "erase" me if I ever talked with them.

I really don't know what to to. I am thinking of giving it all up to his wife. I am really feeling bad.

Just wanted to share..