View Single Post
Old 03-31-2005, 01:07 PM
Fallen

Bigbear I know how you feel, ever since I moved to CA over four years ago I had wondered what was wrong with me as well. Like you I have an unconventional look (long hair and I am Asian, who stereotypically are seen as conservative), and sometimes I wondered if perhaps part of the reason why I have no one in my life was due to my image. But if people pass me by because I have long hair or due to my racial make up or both then...well, their loss .

But you have to ask yourself first, are you happy with the way you look? If you like your long hair then don't get it cut, simple as that. I know it is hard to be alone (believe me I know...) and doubt and despair can make you think funny things. As others have said, if you truly want to change your look, then do it, but do it for yourself, not for others in the hope that you attract someone with your new look which may not even be who you are.
"And as we all play parts of tomorrow, some ways will work and other ways we'll play. And I know we can't all stay here forever, so I'll write, my words on the face of today...and then they'll paint it" - Shannon Hoon